Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Problems with Fernal Humidity

This crazy weather is playing havoc with my body.  Usually I'm used to the humidity being around 40% or so in the winter and going up past 100% in the summer.  For spring and fall, the humidity ranges somewhere those values.  But this winter's been colder and drier than past winters.

Humidities have varied from 10-30% which is awful for tea and violins.  My skin and hair are dry beyond belief and I keep having to retune my violin.  I'm only wondering what effect this will have on my pu'er.  For right now, I have a humidifier running in my room for the violin, tea, and my sake, but I'll be grateful when warmer, moister weather comes back.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.