Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's the Weekend

This week was ridiculously long despite not having work on Monday. It kicked off with me trying to go biking with a guy from work on Monday and getting taken to three different addresses by my GPS so by the time I got there, we only biked 6 miles and most of it was in the dark. And that pretty much set the tone for the week. Each day I got up at 0500 and left work at 6, 7 o'clock. The first time I saw the sun this week was yesterday when I stepped outside to get to a machinery shop and was blown away at how bright it was outside despite the sun being behind clouds. Yesterday my boss started bashing his noggin against the bulkhead which made me think, "This guy is a helluva lot smarter than I am. If he's at the point of trying to do himself in, maybe I'm at the point where I'm absolutely crazy and no longer capable of rational thought."
But I survived. I'm looking forward to warmer weather when I can get out and start logging two hour rides a day and longer ones on the weekend. But that's with the expectation that either things will calm down at work or I'll start getting people to work more efficiently. Either way, I need to start setting aside an hour each day for lifting weights and running or biking which means I'll be getting home later than usual. As it stands right now, I've been pretty good this week about weightlifting, but I haven't felt up for biking since I'm tired by the time I get home. I use my Scattante inside on an Ascent fluid trainer, but it's not the same as being out on the road.
Sometimes I wish people would just do their job. But I suppose my job is to make sure that people are doing their jobs.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.